Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Concept Paper is NOT a Proposal Paper

I thought that I would be ahead of the curve in creating an extended concept paper that was close to a proposal paper. Turns out that isn't a good idea. It always go back to consider the audience -- the audience for the concept paper is a possible committee of faculty who may serve on your dissertation committee. They only want an overview and two pages is maximum. So my goal this weekend is to drop five pages out of my concept paper. However, I think that I will keep the original that I created this weekend as my final version proposal paper will look alot like what I wrote for this week.

Balance in your life is going to be a lot of keeping sane during this process. I am lucky that I am able to compartmentalize my life among my spirituality, my spouse, my job, my children, and all these silly extras that I take on. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment