Monday, February 9, 2009

Getting Back to Basics

While reviewing the many errors that I made during the comprehensive exams, I realize that the biggest errors I made were conceptual from beginning definitions. Much of my research these past two days have been focused on class notes from the FIRST WEEKS of classes -- not reviews of finals of those classes, but basic concepts.

Again, the study group forces me to defend my airy defenses -- the best way (or at least the best way for me) to gain deeper understanding and also defend my beliefs is to start with definitions and move from there.

There are still a lot of distractions -- for instance, tonight watching the presidential news conference which is important to me as a contributing citizen, but yet pulls away from the concept paper, my readings, and my time with family (does sitting in the same room with family as we watch tv count???)

Leaving early to get back to my readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment