Thursday, February 12, 2009

Read Some More

Studying for, and then taking the comprehensive exams took a lot of time. I am still unsure how I did with the exams, and still studying for possible rewrites and then orals, if lucky.

However, after taking a couple of days to rebalance, I find a backlog of things that need to be done -- annual taxes, husband's bookkeeping, other obligations that I have set aside for a couple of months like volunteer research.

On top of that, I am setting my goals for 2009, one of which is to enjoy cooking more -- interestingly, I am practicing what I preach to my math students -- change in attitude. I am saying to myself that "I enjoy cooking", I agree that it takes time to cook well (just like math), "I am a good cook", "Others know that I am a good cook". My family has noticed a major difference.

And then there is the extra reading. There doesn't seem as if there is enough time in the day, but I know that there is. It's always a matter of balance.

Speaking of which, I am running out of time today, so I will return later to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment